Monday, September 10, 2012

Tip of the Day

A friend of mine asked me today, "What  is one thing you can tell me to do to help me be better organized?"  Without knowing what area she needed help in I said, "Start with your mail!" So many people bring the daily mail in and dump it on the counter or in a basket and then forget about it until it's overflowing onto the floor and the power company is threatening to turn off your service! This obviously is not a good strategy. So my suggestion to my friend today, and to all of you, is deal with your mail immediately! As soon as you bring it in the house sort out the junk and throw it in the recycle bin; open the bills, write what is owed on the calendar and post the bill & envelope together on a bulletin board; place the catalogs you want to peruse in a basket near your favorite chair, and voila! No more mail taking over your life. 

No comments: